Dates – ½ cup, chopped ( I used Kimia dates )
Figs – ½ cup, chopped
Water – ½ cup
Condensed milk – 1 small tin 200gms.
Sunflower oil – ½ cup
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp.
Baking soda – ½ tsp.
Maida – 100 gms.
Baking powder – 1 tsp.
date and fig bite
- In a bowl, add water and to it add the chopped figs and dates. Microwave it for 30 secs.
- Take another bowl. Into it add in condensed milk. Then add in oil and whisk well till combined.
- Now add the date and fig mixture to it and mix well. Add the vanilla essence.
- Next step is to sieve in the maida, baking powder and baking soda together into the bowl. Mix well.
- You can put this batter in a loaf pan or a square mould lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 deg.C. for about 25-30 mins. Check after 20 mins with a cake skewer to see if done. Let it cool in the pan and demould. Cut into slices and serve.
For more eggless cake recipes that you can enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee, click here….
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Eggless
- Eggless Millet Carrot Cake
- Date and Cashew Cake Eggless
- Eggless Toffee Cake
For recipes with Dates, you can try my…